Friday, August 13, 2010

I love summer!

Lake Simcoe - August 2010
Yep, I love summer - but remember all too well how much I used to dread summer and the arrival of hot and humid weather.

Carrying a lot of extra weight is like having to wear a heavy coat that you just can't take off. Imagine wearing a long, thick winter coat all day in the middle of July and you'll get an idea of what I'm talking about.

Actually, imagine wearing a wetsuit under that coat. Sweaty? Yep. Uncomfortable? Yep. Want to stay inside in front of the fan all day? Don't care that you're missing out on playing outside or sitting on a patio? Ack - it's a terrible way to live.


One of the things that I have noticed this summer is how I'm not absolutely and completely exhausted at the end of a busy day. I have the energy and stamina to enjoy a full day at an amusement park. Notice I said 'enjoy' - not 'get through' ;-)

Here's how this week went - 

Ontario Place - August 2010
Saturday - Took the kids to the beach! Swam, played frisbee and relaxed for a few hours before taking them to Grandma's for dinner.

Sunday - Housework day. Boring.

Monday - Work. Took the stairs to the 8th floor in the AM and at lunch; rode my bike to the gym (5K round trip), worked out.

Tuesday - Recovery day. Climbed the stairs to the 7th floor in the AM and at lunch.

Wednesday - Stairs to the 7th floor in AM and at lunch; biked to the gym (5K round trip), worked out.


Thursday - Stairs to the 7th floor in the AM and at lunch. Took the kids swimming for an hour after dinner.

Friday - Ontario Place for the day. The entire day. Shot some hoops, took a paddleboat out, got wet on the bumper boats, hit the water park and did LOTS of walking! 

Hey - I didn't have to worry about if whether or not there would be a lifejacket big enough to fit me...or if I'd swamp the boats when I got in. I love that!! 

What I'm Reading This Week: Mirror, Mirror by Gregory Maguire.

No comments:

Post a Comment