Saturday, August 28, 2010

Camping!

High Bluff Beach, Lake Ontario - August 2010
Another vacation week, another camping trip!

My husband is at work this week but I'm off with the kids and took them camping for 4 days at Presqu'ile Provincial Park. I booked this trip after we got back from our trip to Tobermory last month, and invited my cousin and her 4 kids along. The day we arrived, we ran into one of my good friends and her family - who were also just arriving! This trip was much less active than our last one, but very relaxing and a pile of fun. Yes, relaxing - we had a great time travelling with our EIGHT children!

Saturday - My daughter informed me this morning that my arms "aren't so wobbly anymore". I'll take that as a compliment! I have noticed that my abs are stronger - think that the combo of working out + swimming is starting to pay off. Rode to the gym and back (5K), worked out.

Sunday - Busy day getting ready for our trip.

Monday - Camping! Set up camp, took the kids exploring, and found a beach about a 3-minute walk from our site. Kids swam until their lips turned purple. Good thing we had a fire and hot chocolate ready to go when we got back.

Exploring the marsh - August 2010
Tuesday - Packed the car and moved to a nearby beach. Kids swam for a few hours, then we moved back to our campsite and took them over to the beach close to the site.

Wednesday - Exploring - lighthouse, nature centre. Back to the beach near our site for the rest of the afternoon.

Thursday - Last day. Tore down the site, then went exploring at a marsh in the park. Did a 1.2K stroll, and the kids caught lots of frogs!

Friday - back home. Eye doctor and errands during the day, then caught the David Grey / Ray Lamontagne concert in the evening. Not a lot of exercise here, but we did have a 1K+ sprint from the car to the venue and back. Back to the gym tomorrow.

What I'm reading this week: the rest of the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series by Rick Riordian. My son and I are hooked on these books!

No comments:

Post a Comment