Friday, October 7, 2011

October already?

That means it's race season!

Between vacations, summer heat and the back to school chaos, I chose not to sign up for anything after early July.

But now it's October - the heat is behind us, everyone is settled into their fall routines and it's race season again!

I am kicking this fall off with a 5K on 10/16 with my son, followed by a women's only 5K on 10/29 with my daughter. Planning to do the Santa Shuffle on 12/3 and the Resolution Run on 12/31. My son want to do both of those - especially since the Resolution Run comes with a spiffy jacket!

After that - our climate doesn't really allow for outdoor races in January/February, so we will have to take a break until March. We'll go skating, swimming and sledding instead :-)

I do need to check out the race calendars a bit more closely - I don't really want to do the same...races...every...season - that will get boring in a hurry. Anyone in the Toronto area have any suggestions for events (in any season) ?

Looking forward to next weekend's 5K. Fingers crossed for a PR. Hoping that the almost-daily dog runs have helped!

Here's this week's recap -

Saturday - 2K dog park walk; 1.5K run-a-block/walk-a-block before bed.

The cousins love getting together. Even more fun when both families have new dogs.
Sunday - 1K dog walk + Curves + 25 pushups in the morning, then out of town for brunch and a hike with my in-laws. 1.5K run-a-block/walk-a-block before bed.

Monday - 2K dog park walk. Curriculum night at the school afterwards.

Tuesday - Stairs to 7 in AM.

Wednesday - Curves + 25 pushups after dinner, followed by a 2K run-a-block/walk-a-block.

Out with my son (who took the pic) and my dog for our almost-nightly run/walk.
The Epic Orange Jacket from last year's Resolution Run is perfect for after dark!

Thursday - Stairs to 7 in AM. 2.2K run-a-block/walk-a-block before bed.

Friday - Mysterious tickle in the back of my throat. I'd better not be getting sick! Took a rest day.

No comments:

Post a Comment