Friday, October 1, 2010

If you can spare any willpower...send some my way!

I started the healthy eating plan from Curves last week. OK, ok - it's a diet. Well - it's more than that. It's a balanced plan of carbs/protein/fat + all the veggies you can hold. Do this for a month, then take a two week break.

Sometimes temptation comes in a really cute package
I've cycled through it a few times in the past 18 months. It works - believe me it works - but I find weekends really hard. When I'm at work, I stick to eating what I've brought with me. When I'm at home, the fridge calls to me. I'm halfway though this cycle but still have 2 more weeks to go. My willpower is pretty weak, so send some over if you have any extra, OK? Thanks.

Oh - did I mention that my gym is right above a convenience store? And right across the street from a Pizza Pizza? I disovered a long time ago that the best way to avoid temptation is to just leave my wallet at home when I go to the gym. Anyone else do that?

Here's the moving I did this week -

Saturday - Biked to Curves and back (5K), worked out.

Sunday - 4-hour stroll around Black Creek Pioneer Village with the family and our nephews.

At Black Creek Pioneer Village - September 2010
Monday - Stairs to 7 in AM, to 12 at lunch. 

Tuesday - Stairs to 12 at lunch; Curves workout after dinner. My daughter came home from Sparks with 2 cases (cases, not boxes) of Girl Guides cookies. Fabulous!

Wednesday - Stairs to 7 in AM, to 12 and a walk around the block at lunch. Received a training tip from the CN Tower folks about increasing training time to 10+ minutes in the next week. Something to look forward to on Monday.

Thursday - No stairs today - worked in a branch office that's on the first floor. Curves workout after dinner.

Friday - Stairs to 7 in AM; stairs to 12 at lunch.

What I'm reading this week: Hitching Rides with Buddha by Will Ferguson - another travel memoir. This one is a recount of the time he hitch-hiked from south to north Japan, following the cherry blossoms.

No comments:

Post a Comment